Mulch and Pine Needles Installation
Using mulch is a good gardening habit but not mandatory; the benefits, however, make it worth the effort. A really good job of mulching your garden usually offers these benefits:
- Inhibits weed germination and growth.
- Holds in soil moisture, protecting your plants from drying out quickly
- Moderates soil-temperature fluctuations
- In cold-winter areas, protects plant roots from winter cold and helps prevent frost-heaving.
- In hot-summer areas, helps keep plant roots cooler
- Depending on what you use, adds a bit of welcome nutrition to your garden as it breaks down
It is important to remove leaves from the lawn soon after they’ve fallen. Lawns need air and light to thrive and grow. Leaves block both of these lawn necessities and may suffocate the lawn, causing brown, dead patches. Read more on leaf removal
There are a lot of benefits of cleaning up your yard before winter hits. Here are 3 essential benefits to fall yard clean-up
- Eliminate mold, bacteria, and diseases that can be festering in dead materials
- Displace invasive insects that often winter on the ground (especially boring insects that can threaten your trees)
- Lessen your workload next spring
Spring Clean Up
March is notoriously unpredictable. Shrubs can be crusty from winter on the first of the month, and then, a couple of weeks later, temperatures can warm up enough for flower and leaf buds to show signs of life.
Still, some early spring cleanup tasks are sure things this time of year.
- Prune away winter-killed branches to make room for new growth.
- Cut back spent perennials and
- Pull up old annuals if you didn’t get around to it last fall.
- Then look around. “March is a good time to take stock of your yard and see if it’s time to thin out crowded beds and do some transplanting to fill in bare spots
Aeration of Lawn
Benefits of Core Aeration,
- Loosens compacted soil and
- Increases the availability of water and nutrients,
- Enhances oxygen levels in the soil, which stimulates root growth and
- Enhances the activity of thatch-decomposing organisms,
- While removing cores of soil, the spoons or tines also sever roots, rhizomes and stolons.
Seasonal Color Installation
One of the most effective ways to increase the aesthetic value and positive attention of your property is through a unique and vibrant landscape garden of seasonal color. The River Side Lawn Care Service can design, install and maintain a beautiful landscape garden with annuals and plants that reflect the season and offer stunning color combinations to add to your landscape’s natural beauty.
Pruning trees and shrubs is necessary to ensure they maintain their health and vigor. Trees and shrubs should be inspected annually to determine if they need to be pruned. Young trees need pruning to establish branch structure. Trees and shrubs that go years without pruning can become overgrown and weak. In addition to promoting tree and shrub health, pruning pays a host of other dividends.